Kaizen Institute - Success Story
Daily KAIZENâ„˘, Project KAIZENâ„˘, Service Management
A leading pan-African Financial Services group with presence in 19 African countries, United Kingdom, United States of America and France, serving more than eight million clients in 700 business offices globally.
- Reduction of client turnaround time
- Further improvement of client satisfaction
The KAIZENâ„˘ journey started primarily to reduce crowding and client turnaround time at four business offices in Lagos/Nigeria, within 100 days; ultimately, to enhance client satisfaction.
- The project launch included an assessment to gain a thorough understanding of the current state of the banking operations at all four branches
- Targets were set and an implementation roadmap was developed
- Branch-wide 5S and rapid PDCA cycles were undertaken through engaging and involving people, to reduce the client turnaround time
- Daily KAIZENâ„˘ practices were employed to make everyday problem-solving a routine and to ensure sustainability
- 54% reduction in the client turnaround time. As a result, client crowding has been eliminated despite increased client footfall
- Greatly enhanced client satisfaction measured through client feedback and surveys
- Attracting new clients due to the enhancement in the branch ambiance
- Time to issue debit (ATM) cards reduced from 15.5 mins to 5.5 mins; increasing the productivity of the Client Service Officers
- Significant capability & skills enhancement relating to problem solving and improvement techniques
- Enhanced people engagement and belief that all problems can be permanently solved